SEC Division of Examinations Announces 2021 Examination Priorities: | Summary for Our Clients
Articles by: Marketing, Mar 23, 2021
In March, The Securities and Exchange Commission’s Division of Examinations announced its 2021 examination priorities. The Division will also focus on conflicts of interest for brokers (Regulation Best Interest) and investment advisers (fiduciary duty), and attendant risks relating to FinTech in its initiatives and examinations. The examination priorities are published annually to provide insights into its risk-based approach, including the areas it believes present potential risks to investors and the integrity of the U.S. capital markets. The stated priorities are:
- Information Security and Operation Resiliency
- Financial Technology FINTECH and Innovation
- Specific focus areas relating to Investment Advisers and Investment Companies
- Additional attention to areas involving broker-dealers and municipal advisers
- Market infrastructure
- Anti-Money laundering programs
- Focus on FINRA AND MSRB
Our team has assembled a convenient summary of key priorities our clients should be sure to understand.
For more information regarding the SEC exam priorities or the services Richey May provides to the alternative investment industry, please contact Steve Vlasak.