Webinar Materials: Data Governance vs. Data Privacy in the Year of a Pandemic
Webinars by: Richey May, Oct 09, 2020
In October 2020, Richey May hosted a webinar discussing the impact that COVID-19 has had on data governance, the access management of data by remote workers, the ever-changing privacy landscape and the need to have better processes and tools. Topics included:
- What is the difference in data governance, data management, data privacy and data security?
- How has the pandemic defined data access rights and data models?
- Why is this key to every data management and data governance program?
- Regulatory changes and challenges, including GDPR, CCPA and others.
- Challenges for companies, such as remote workforce and MSPs.
- Information Privacy vs Information Security, including data-as-a-service and enterprise governance and risk.
- The rapidly evolving threat landscape and hybrid data breach models.
- Harmonious alignment of data governance, protection and privacy.